Over the years, I have heard some of the most absurd reasons why one cannot to go to the gym. I will be honest. I have employed some of them as well. So I have made a compilation of what I think are the top 101 reasons why not to go to the gym. Here they are in no particular order ofcourse ;)
P.S. All the points mentioned have actually happened in real life. Any reference to any person living or dead is intentional and not coincidental ;)
1. I had a rough day man. Don't have the energy to workout.
2. Exams coming dude. Only 2 weeks left.(That doesn't mean I'm gonna use the extra hour for studying :P)
3. I slept for only 6 hours last night. My body needs rest.
4. Hung Over!
5. Friends had come down from out of town.
6. Had a mind f*****g day. Can't do gym.
7. Went to meet an old friend who I haven seen in over 2 weeks.
8. Had a very heavy lunch. Too drowsy!
9. Today is my off day :)
10. I worked out yesterday. I need to workout only 3 days a week. Yeah right!
11. Dinner plans with friends.
12. It's Friday man. No one works out on a Friday.
13. It getting late. I think I will work out at home.
14. I don't have my vehicle. How am I going to go to the gym which is over 1 km away?!
15. The gym closes in one hour. What is the point of going?
16. I have read somewhere that if you work on your legs on one day, you should take the next day off.
17. Friends have made a joint for me man. Can't go now.
18. The gym is to stuffy!
19. No chicks in the gym man.
20. I don't like the way people stare at me in the gym.
21. Blah blah(read a hot chick) has asked me for notes. I am going to the local xerox shop to get her a copy. True story!
22. I want to work on my music. He he.
23. My trainer is too tough on me man.
24. What is the point! We are all going to die anyways!
25. I need to talk to my girlfriend in the United States before so and so time.
26. The music in the gym is really sad.
27. My iPod has gone for servicing.
28. Gyms are depressing.
29. My roommate's girlfriend is in town.
30. I am rewarding myself for going to the gym all of last week.
31. I have too much work man. Can't handle gym!
32. All guys who go to the gym are "wanna-be"s. I don't want to be like them.
33. Who works out on a Sunday?!
34. Got a hot date. Need to get ready.
35. All my gym clothes are dirty. What am I to wear?
36. India vs. Australia match on TV man!
37. I think I'l quit the gym and join taekwondo or salsa instead. (which never happens)
38. I am comfortable with my body. I don't need to work out any more.
39. It's the hot girl in the gym's off day. No use going.
40. My work out buddy is busy. Can't go to the gym without him.
41. I'l start working out seriously from next Monday. Promise!
42. Need to go to the airport to pick up a relative who can very easily take the air conditioned bus to my place but since he is new in town, he may miss the sign that says "Bus Bay ->".
43. I am reading this really interesting novel. Can't go now.
44. Fasting today. Not supposed to work out.
45. Man I am in so much pain! I don't think I can work out today.
46. Why am I doing this? For whom am I doing this?
47. It is raining man!
48. I am detoxing my body today. Can't gym and ruin it.
49. I think I want to use my time for better use. For what I don't know but when I figure it out, I will let you know.
50. Gym is too much work :(
51. Just like that!
52. I just don'f feel like going.
53. Yaar, feel nahin aa rahi!
54. When I last checked, round is a shape. Now I don't need to go to the gym :).
55. I'l start from the 1st of next month.
56. Lets enjoy the weather. Why go to the gym?
57. I think this weather calls for a drive and not gym.
58. Cricket practice :)
59. National Holiday!(I think this is the only genuine reason :))
60. IPL Finals today dude.
61. Have to watch Sachin bat today man.
62. My sister/mother/brother/father/old friend is in town.
63. My gym shoes are dirty.
64. Gym clothes are not fully dry.
65. Can't find my gym bag :(
66. I think i'l go for a walk instead(which I wont actually do but need to give an excuse)
67. Yaaaarrrrrrrrrr!!!!
68. The trainer does not know what he is doing.
69. The weather in Bangalore is not suitable for gym-ming.
70. I have begun to do yoga instead :P.
71. Need to go to the book store to buy some books that I l never read.
72. Gyms are old fashioned.
73. Sprained my ankle/neck/calf/thigh.
74. Have "some" important work.
75. I have been going to the gym for two weeks and see no results. Hence, gyms are useless!
76. Life is too short to spend in the gym man!
77. The lift is broken. Can't climb the three floors to the gym :((True story!)
78. Today is a day of national mourning. India lost the test match to South Africa.
79. Need to fill out college applications that do not need to be done RIGHT NOW but its an excuse that no one can argue with :)
80. Gyms don't have a good ROI.
81. Latest studies have shown that gyms are dangerous.
82. Got an important meeting at that time.
83. Need to go out and help my sister/mother buy stuff.
84. It is navratra :P.
85. I am storing up fat for the winters(true story!).
86. No water coming at home. So how am I supposed to have a bath after gym-ming?
87. I don't like to sweat!
88. The equipment at the gym is really sad.
89. The timings just don't suit me.
90. Federer-Nadal match on. I need to watch man!
91. The vastu at the gym aint suitable for working out.
92. Who ever works out at a gym man. Real work out happens outdoors only :P
93. Why lift weights when u have nintendo :)
94. I am trying to find a faster way to loose weight!
95. I never wanted to join the gym man. It was that damn Siddharth who forced me!
96. The gym is too crowded!
97. I cease to see how time spent at the gym can help anyone.
98. I want to use this time to study(nd i know i wont do that!)
99. Gym mein maza nahin aata.
100. I ve given up on gyms!
101. Gyms... what a waste!!
No comments:
Post a Comment